Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Perils of PVR...(when living with 3 women)

As most of you all know I share a house with my beautiful wife Vanessa, my adorable daughter Ava (2), and my favorite cousin Patricia. We share a lot of laughs and good times, with very few squabbles. Herein lies my dilemma; we have a PVR and the current list of recording looks like this (# in brackets indicates number of recordings for that particular show):

Millionaire Matchmaker
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (7)
Thomas & Friends (5)
Oprah (2)**
WordWorld (2)
Young and the Restless (3)**
Sesame Street (2)
Criminal Minds*
The Middle*
Criminal Minds Suspect Behav. (2)*
Modern Family*
Castle (2)
Undercover Boss
Real Housewives of Orange County/Atlanta/NYC/Beverly Hills/New Jersey**
American Idol**
Survivor
Biggest Loser
Bethenny gets Married
Dr. Phil**
One Tree Hill**

Now granted, the ones with a * are shows I enjoy and will sit down and watch when I can. The girls will try to argue that I also enjoy the ones with ** but those shows and I have more of a "Stockholm Syndrome" relationship. You see I am subjected to them so much that I have no other choice to force myself to try to learn what is going on and who everyone is so I can try and understand what the attraction is. Much like a hostage who expresses adulation and has positive feelings towards their captors that can appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness; hence the reference to Stockholm Syndrome.

All kidding aside, when I do express an interest to watch something I usually am granted the wish. I just hate asking for fear of the wrath of a woman scorned.

So, honey, that is why you often wake up at 3:00am on a Friday or Saturday night and I am not there anymore...I'm getting in some TV/PS3 time so we can all continue to get along and live in peace.

Love you girls...even you Patricia...just not the same way...you're my cousin...lol

italicized information from Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment