Monday, April 13, 2009

3 Weeks in...

Hi there, how's it going. Well, I'm a dad for the first time at the tender young age of 30.5 years old. I have wanted to be a father since I was about 23, but luckily for my child, I had some growing up to do so the love of my life never presented herself.

My beautiful baby girl came in the wee hours of the morning on March 20, 2009. I was in love from the moment I saw her sweet little face squeeze through the birth canal. I will be the first to admit I thought I had all the answers based on everything I had read...and I had read a lot. Every situation that has come up in the first 3 weeks of parenthood, seemed to only have been covered in general in all the literature. From my fiance's hormone waves, to every little cough from little Ava, I feel helpless at times. I know I need to roll with everything, and use the wonderful support network we have at our disposal. Luckily we have been blessed with a healthy little girl, and other than our paranoias, and fears, everything has gone well.

So stay tuned as I will post regularly with the ups and downs and many laughs along the way. I will also be using this blog as a means to touch base with other parents and hopefully get some help as well as provide some insight for other new dads, so they know they aren't alone.


Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment