Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Outsmarted by a 5 week old...

Here we are now past the one month old date, and already my little girl has her parents well trained...I had delusions of grandeur that it would be the other way around!! This past Saturday night she decided she'd get up at 3:00am for a feeding. Being a Saturday night, and she is on formula, I let Vanessa sleep and I got up to feed her. By 4:00 she was fed, and clean diapered...yet nothing could get her to sleep. Unfortunately for me the only thing on TV was Miss. Congeniality, or the infomercial for Magic Bullet. Having seen that infomercial for 32 total hours on my weekend baby patrols, thank heavens for a near maxed Visa card or I'd have 8 of them, I had no other option but the corny beauty pageant schlock starring Sandra Bullock. As we neared closer to 5:00am, and no sign of sleepiness from sweetpea, I tried to play the guilt trip card on her, to which she responded with an ear to ear gummy grin that just melted my heart. It was at that exact moment in time that I realized I didn't care if she kept me up non-stop for the next 1000 hours, I would treasure every second of it. No matter how exhausted I get, I would never trade it for anything else in this world than to see my little baby look at me with that smile.

I promise the posts will be more current, I am done coaching rugby this week, so I will have that extra time to catch up my rest, and have enough mental stamina to post, time to get back to the gym hard again too, because before I know it, (and I'm not rushing it), I'm going to be chasing this little munchking all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment