Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Holy Sheep Dip...time flies.

Well, I'd like to start off by apologizing to my legions of followers out there who I know probably check in multiple times per day to see what I've written lately, and I can just imagine the dismay on their faces when they load the page to see nothing new.

Baby Ava is going to be 11 weeks old this coming Friday, and she is growing like a weed. Her feedings have increased throughout the day, but the beautiful thing is that she is generally asleep by 11:00pm and then is out until 6:00-7:00am. There is the occasional night when she wakes up for a 2:30 feed, but life is good again as far as sleep goes. It's also amazing how my perception of sleeping in has changed too. A year ago I could have easily slept the morning away until noon on a Saturday or Sunday, now the Sunday morning when Vanessa let's me sleep in until 8:00 is something to get excited about.

Some things that have happened in the last 6 weeks of my blogging absence:

  • Ava has developed quite the personality, she smiles big smiles for anyone who comes to talk to her
  • I made her giggle, and thus far am the only one who can do it on a regular basis
  • Mommy had a little bout with Post Partum Mood Disorder, but I think the worst of it is behind us now and there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel.

I love my girls so much, and am so thankful for both of them....time to end this, because Princess Ava is just waking up from her little nappy poo, and wants a bah-bah.

Until next time,

Dougie "Big Poppa" Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment